Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sick of Socks

Like many people, money is tight so I planned ahead and decided that I wanted to make a lot of my Christmas gifts this year.  Given that its cold at Christmas in the North East, I ordered about $50 worth of sock yarn from knit picks when they were having a sale over the summer.  Of course having only made a few pairs of socks before I had no idea what I was getting myself into.  

Working on and off throughout the summer I managed to knit up quite a few pairs of socks, but the more socks I knit the longer the list of people I wanted to give socks to became. 

I knit lots of socks...
.

Little Socks...


And long socks...


Birthday Socks...


And stripped socks...



Clearly too many socks, I have become the Dr. Seuss of socks.  Although I still have a long list of people I love who I want to make socks for, I have to find a new project.  In line with my goals for this blog I have a new project in mind, still a Christmas gift but just a quick step away from my sock project.  



No comments:

Post a Comment